Good Morning Dragon Band Families!
I hope you are enjoying your three day weekend! Senior and Carol Davis Scholarship applications are due THIS Friday by 5:00 pm. If you haven’t already, see the information below to access the application. Congratulations to Varsity Guard on performing admirably this weekend at the WGI Dallas contest. They scored 6th in their round of 12. Good luck to our Guard who competes again next Saturday at Smithson Valley!
Senior Scholarship and Carol Davis Scholarship Application
The purpose of the Round Rock Band Booster, Inc. Senior Scholarship and Carol Davis Scholarship is to support students in the band program who are focused on achieving goals through higher education. All band/guard seniors who do not have an outstanding financial obligation to the band or school are eligible to apply. The Senior Scholarships awarded will be 2-$1000, 4-$750, 6-$500, and 4-$250 for the general senior scholarships. These scholarships are not limited to band or music related college expenses. They can be used for college related expenses in ANY field of study. There is one Carol Davis scholarship for $500 that is focused on community service.
The link for the Senior and Carol Davis Scholarship application is HERE.
High School Concessionaire Needed!
RRBB is currently seeking a volunteer to serve at the high school concessionaire for the 24-25 school year. We need one person to serve as the concessionaire but this one person can establish a committee to get the job done however it works best for them! Duties of the concessionaire include the following:
- Coordinate the ordering, storage, and distribution of supplies, equipment, and products required for all high school concession activities including all Freshman, JV and Varsity football games held at Dragon Stadium.
- Organize and coordinate all activities of the concession stand managers and volunteers - the volunteer coordinator recruits them, you just have to organize them during the actual game and give them information on their duties depending on what they're doing.
- Review the monthly income/expense report for accuracy and to verify deposit amounts.
- Meet all kinds of band parents and establish lifelong friendships while sweating in the concession stands!
- Earn free concessions including your choice of a Bush's chicken sandwich, hot dog, sausage wrap, candy and/or a drink at EVERY game!
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact any member of the nominating committee. Nominating Committee members are:
Stephanie Deller (chair) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Baird - Jazbaird@gmail.com
Kersten Hall - Kerstenup@hotmail.com
Jeff Pratt - Jeffmarkpratt@gmail.com
Jennifer Savage - email@example.com
Scholarship Committee - one more volunteer needed!
We need ONE MORE volunteer to help grade and review applications for both our Senior and Summer Band Camp Scholarships. Please see the sign up and help if you can. This is a great way to review and see all the things that our students have been involved in - not only in band but in all of their other activities too!
**Please note: Senior parents may NOT serve on the senior scholarship committee. Also, parents with a student applying for a band camp scholarship may NOT serve on the band camp scholarship committee. For questions or more information, please contact Kersten Hall, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mulch Delivery- Help Needed!
We will be in need of many adult helpers and drivers for the band mulch delivery day on Saturday 3/2/24. Pickup trucks and trailers are best if you have them. Please see the sign up genius and volunteer to help where/when you can. This is the sign up for adults only. Students will sign up separately with Mr. Mobley.