Band Booster Meeting Scheduled for Tuesday, March 4, 2014
The Band Booster meeting will be held this Tuesday, March 4, 2014 in the RRHS Band Hall at 7:30pm. There will be lots to discuss, including upcoming fundraising and other band-related events coming up in the next few months. You can click here to download the agenda for Tuesday's meeting. If you cannot attend and would like to submit a question, please send your question to: email@example.com
We hope to see you there!
Announcement Regarding Travel From Pasadena
A short while ago, Mr. Mobley sent out an e-mail to all parents regarding the Rose Parade travel arrangements. The e-mail stated the following:
I've had about a dozen parents ask about traveling separately from the band either prior to our departure from Round Rock or after our return or both. I want to accommodate this request to the extent possible. I know folks are making plans so it's important that this information gets to you now. I apologize for any delay in this information reaching you, there were several items that needed to be determined before we could move forward with a clear decision. Please see the following points.
All students marching in the Rose Parade:
- Must travel together to Pasadena
- Must stay in the same hotel and adhere to the band's itinerary for the duration of the official school trip (Dec. 28 - Jan 1)
- May (with attached required documentation) stay AFTER the official school trip has ended and travel back home with their parents
- Will pay the same price for the trip regardless of potential extended stay
There are a few reasons for these decisions.
- Students marching in the parade need to travel together to insure everyone's arrival
- Those wishing to visit with friends and family and extend their stay absolutely can do so after the official trip has ended
- The travel company has consistent per person costs. If students travel apart from the group and "piecemeal" the trip (pay for hotel and tickets but not charter bus or meals, etc...) the trip costs cannot be consistent-the price of some student's trips being reduced causing others to be raised.
- Further, seats on the bus as we travel to, from and around southern California must be accounted for, regardless if that student is returning home with the group.
Mr. Mobley's email included a permission form to be completed if you intend on providing transportation for your student back to Round Rock from Pasadena. You can click here to download the form.
Attention Students: Scholarship Applications Now Being Accepted
Applications are now being accepted for Summer Band Camp Scholarships and for Senior Scholarships. $300 band camp scholarships will be awarded to current RRHS Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, as well as 6th, 7th, and 8th graders at Chisholm Trail, Walsh, and Cedar Valley Middle Schools who will attend RRHS. Additionally, scholarships are also being offered to graduating Seniors.
To apply for a Summer Band Camp Scholarship, click here to download the application.
To apply for the Senior Scholarship, click here to download the application.
NOTE: ALL Summer Band Camp AND Senior Scholarship applications must be received no later than March 19, 2014. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Download the Handouts from the Winter Concert/Rose Parade Trip Meeting
If you did not receive a copy of the latest issue of the Dragon Band Boosters Newsletter that was handed out at the Winter Concert/Rose Parade Trip Meeting, you can download the digital copy by clicking on the newsletter image below.
Also available for download is the Student Trip Package and Itinerary, the Fan Package Information that Chris from Music Travel Consultants (MTC) presented at the Rose Parade meeting, and the Fan Package Itinerary for those who wish to know more about the fun things that will be included.
If you have any questions about the Fan Packages available, check out the Pasadena Trip FAQ on the Booster Facebook site: http://tinyurl.com/PasadenaFAQ
If you don't seen an answer to your question on that page, contact the Band Booster Information Officer, Rochelle Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your question addressed and posted on the FAQ site.
Come On Out for BINGO and Help Raise Funds for the Band!
Did you know that you could play BINGO and support the Dragon Band? Well, you CAN! The Creekside Charity Bingo Hall (next door to Double Daves off CR 3406) has been a tremendous support system for the Dragon Band. For more information about Dragon Band BINGO nights, click on the BINGO image to download the .PDF.
Round Rock Band Volunteer List Now Available
A complete list of the various volunteer opportunities is now available for everyone to access on the Volunteer page. Parents and students are highly encouraged to sign up for any of the volunteer opportunities posted on the page.
To find out more about the available opportunities, click on the Volunteer image to the right.